Recipe courtesy of Eden Foods.
Potato Leek Soup
- Cut leeks in half lengthwise, then chop into 1” pieces.
- Sweat the first 4 ingredients in a stock pot for 10 minutes until translucent, making sure not to brown.
- Add wine and cook until evaporated.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the stock pot and let simmer, pot covered, over medium-low heat just until the potatoes are tender.
- Add cream and bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat.
- Using a stick blender or stand blender puree until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Serve warm or chilled with garlic bread or crackers. Serves 4-6 dinner portions.